NibbleFest Art Contest - May 2011




















I recently joined a group on eBay called NFAC (NibbleFest Art Contest). The purpose of the group is to hold a monthly art competition wherein artists create a piece of artwork based on a theme. The works are then listed for auction sometime between the 20th and 27th of the month and must have a starting bid of $0.99 for the auction. (The thought is to get bidders enticed by the low price for an original piece of art, and then "nibble" away at the auction until the highest bid wins). The artist with the most bids on their auction in the 7 days wins the contest. :) I thought this sounded like a fun way to give art enthusiasts a chance to collect some original artwork. Obviously, most of the pieces are small, but they are originals nonetheless. The theme for May is "Village or Townscape" and I did a quick sketch last night using watercolor pencils. It was a good exercise for me to just give my artist brain a quick exercise, but I also wanted to try out my new watercolor pencils, which I have never used before. The result is a little painting I titled "Assissi in Color." It measures approx 5" x 7" and is matted with white mat board to 8" x 10" framing size. You will see I based this painting on the same reference photo as my other Assissi paintings - yet the work is different in color and feel. It's nice how you can get so many different paintings out of the same subject matter. (Click the pic above to go to the auction page). :)

Popular posts from this blog

Video link - Social Media for Artists - April 2017

FRIDAY FEATURE: Featured Artist ~ Lester B. Lee

FRIDAY FEATURE: Featured Artist ~ Ian Ramsay