Kokopelli Conga

Kokopelli Conga
"A work of art that did not begin in emotion is not art." --Paul Cezanne

February 9, 2012

Watercolor Pendants & Necklaces

Sometime last year, I saw a program that had instructions on how to make expoxy jewelry out of bottle caps and other things. I thought that would be a fun thing to try with regular jewelry pendants and make some "fine art" jewelry. I purchased a few empty pendants and jewelry making supplies online, but then never had a minute to get around to trying it.

So, I finally took a couple days to try this out. I turned some of my abstract test strips into miniature abstract paintings out of which I then created pendants.

Some of the pendants I purchased to make jewelry with were double sided, so I started with those and made 8 double-sided necklaces. Each pendant has two different abstract paintings on it, and I tried to make sure the color schemes of the paintings were not the same, so the wearer had two separate themes to choose from.

While not perfect, I am pleased with the initial results, some of which I will post on ebay, and some of which I intend to give as gifts. :)

Here are the first four necklaces (each picture shows both sides of the pendant).





No comments:

Post a Comment