Accepted to UWS Fall Show!

My painting, Kokopelli Song Woven Through My Dreams, was accepted to the 2013 Utah Watercolor Society (UWS) Fall Member Exhibition. I am very excited! It's another step towards achieving Signature Member status in the society, which I have been working towards for several years now. This will be my 5th painting accepted to UWS qualified, juried UWS shows. I must have eight paintings accepted and also have one painting win a major award in order to achieve Signature status. :)

The show opens this Thursday night at Michael Berry Gallery in downtown Salt Lake City, UT and runs October 3 - November 1. Robert Burridge was the juror for this exhibition.

I am planning to create more woven paintings in the next year, but I am currently trying to focus on completing the illustrations I have been working on. This illustration project has proven to be more challenging than I expected, giving me an entirely new appreciation for those artists who illustrate for a living!

If you are in the Salt Lake area, make sure to stop by the Michael Berry Gallery on 163 E. 300 S. (Mon-Sat 9am - 6pm) to view the Utah Watercolor Society exhibition before it ends on November 1st. It is sure to be full of fun and interesting paintings from members of the UWS!


Kokopelli Song Woven Through My Dreams


Postcard for UWS Fall Show - opening 10/3 at Michael Berry Gallery in SLC!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video link - Social Media for Artists - April 2017

FRIDAY FEATURE: Featured Artist ~ Lester B. Lee

FRIDAY FEATURE: Featured Artist ~ Ian Ramsay