Painting for Fall

Summer FLEW by! 

Our summer was filled with tee ball games, coach pitch baseball games, and visits to grandma's house. I spent a good amount of time in my continuing efforts to complete a KonMari sort and tidy of our entire house. We are at the "miscellaneous" category in the discarding process. It's a long process for me, marked with many detours. Not the recommended (tidy all at once, in one "event") process from Marie Kondo. But, I have not lost sight of the ultimate goal, and continue to tidy by category and just keep picking up where I left off whever I can devote a few hours or a weekend to it. It is slowly, but surely coming along! (See my previous blog post "A place of Sanctuary: If I tidy up my home life, it will benefit my professional life." to read why I think it's important to complete this tidy project.)

Along the way, in July, I also received notification that I have again been selected for a group showing (3 artists) at the Utah Arts Festival (UAF) Gallery for the upcoming 2016-2017 season. Awesome! When is my show? October...YIKES! :) Actually, it's great, and I am very excited to be accepted into their exhibition schedule again this year. 

My kids started school again this week on Wednesday (already!!), and our household is coming out of the crazy summer schedule and getting back into our Fall school routine.

I am working on creating 10-12 new fall-themed paintings for my upcoming October show at the UAF Gallery. The exhibition opens October 21st and will hang through November 11th. 

Here is one of two new paintings I completed this weekend.


"Fallen 2"  ©Jennifer Love




















Now...back to work...I have some paintings to create! 

As always, thanks for stopping by my blog!









Comments

  1. Hey Jennifer, lovely paintings and good luck with your show.

    I saw your post on Lester B Lee, and I've actually been trying very hard to get a hold of him. I've been looking for a phone number, email, anything!
    Do you have his contact information? I would greatly appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can look Lester up on Facebook and message him there. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Video link - Social Media for Artists - April 2017

FRIDAY FEATURE: Featured Artist ~ Lester B. Lee

FRIDAY FEATURE: Featured Artist ~ Ian Ramsay