Paying attention to my supplies!















I spoke with a nice young woman on Friday night at the gallery stroll. Who among us artists doesn't like conversing with someone who likes our work? :) This young woman was just learning to paint with watercolor after having worked solely with oils in the past. She was inquiring about the brand of paint (and other materials) I use, and even asked interesting questions like whether I find the temperature of the water I use makes a difference (hot vs. cold). Sad to say, I could not recall the name of the brand of watercolor paint I currently use (as I have tried several brands over the years). I could visualize in my head the script writing on the tubes of paint, but was drawing a blank on the name. Of course, I remembered later and double checked my paint when I returned home. The brand is M. Graham, and it is made with natural materials in a small batch process. They use pure gum arabic and natural blackberry honey as binding materials. I have liked these paints the best so far because they give me very vibrant color, which I prefer in my paintings. You can see the difference in vibrancy by comparing my NibbleFest entry for this month "Assissi in Color" which was painted with DERWENT watercolor pencils (not my norm) vs. "King of Yellow Heart" painted with M. Graham.
I am sorry (and a little embarrassed) that I could not recall the name of the paint when asked. To this young artist...in case you don't email me for the info, I hope you see it on my blog here or on Facebook. And, you have taught me to pay better attention to my materials and supplies! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Video link - Social Media for Artists - April 2017

FRIDAY FEATURE: Featured Artist ~ Lester B. Lee

FRIDAY FEATURE: Featured Artist ~ Ian Ramsay