Don't be afraid to Crop!!

Follow up to my workshop post...

Since my painting time is often limited by work or family demands, I am a big believer in not feeling like I have wasted any painting, even those I don't especially like or love.

Typically, there are one or two areas of a painting that I really like, or sometimes love, even if I don't especially care for the painting as a whole. As a result, I have learned to focus in on those areas and create smaller paintings from them.

My advice to any artist....NEVER be afraid to crop!!!

The two paintings I did on day one of my watercolor workshop were definitely out of my comfort zone, but were good exercises. I didn't particularly care for either finished work as a whole, but had some favorite areas in both. So now, instead of two "so so" paintings, I have three smaller paintings that I quite like. :)

Cropping makes a world of difference!





Comments

  1. These are awesome. You are very talented. Thank you for painting and making the world a more beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Video link - Social Media for Artists - April 2017

FRIDAY FEATURE: Featured Artist ~ Lester B. Lee

FRIDAY FEATURE: Featured Artist ~ Ian Ramsay