Hanging About

After leaving Local Colors Gallery last August, I have done a few small paintings, but find my time is eaten up with household and family demands. One benefit of being at the gallery is that I could use the time I was working my gallery shifts as "studio time." Not so at home. Little ones need much attention. :) I also recently received a promotion at work a few months ago. I haven't had much time for painting since then. So, the last few months have been challenging on the art front...and finding a way to make time for myself (where I might possibly get the creative juices flowing). I think that is the plight of many mothers. :)

I decided for 2012 that I need to make sure I carve out time for this in my life again. So, starting with this past New Year's weekend, instead of doing those extra loads of laundry, dishes, or cleaning the house...I made time to finish the large ongoing Bryce Canyon painting for my friend that has been delayed and delayed by one thing or another. It measures about 30" x 22". Landscapes are not typically my "thing" but I do like the rich colors achieved from several layers of washes on this painting. However, there comes a time when you are just overworking the painting, so I decided this final layer of shadow washes would conclude the piece. I have already emailed a digital photo to my friend who is very happy with it. So, despite my feeling unsure about whether I like my landscapes or not, my client is happy...and that's what matters.

I also created a smaller painting, about 8" x 10", for another friend. This is a little tree frog painting called "Hanging About." Hopefully, this client will also be happy.

And, I signed up for a watercolor "mini workshop" for two days in mid-January. Looking forward to that! :)

Happy New Year everyone! Here's to achieving our goals!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video link - Social Media for Artists - April 2017

FRIDAY FEATURE: Featured Artist ~ Lester B. Lee

FRIDAY FEATURE: Featured Artist ~ Ian Ramsay