So, I am a blog slacker

My apologies to those of you who follow my blog. I have been a blog slacker in the past few months! Now, December is here...and a time to reflect on the things that really matter in your life, things you are happy with, and things you want to do better on.

In my defense, my blog slacking (and art slacking for that matter) have been due to family issues. Myself or one of my kids or my husband have been sick from one week to the next, literally since mid-September. So, I have been paying more attention to my family, trying to get our household running and organized (yeah, right - like that will ever happen), and trying to get my kids well, myself well, my husband well - and still keep up with work at this busy time of year. Crazy!!  Unfortunately, the time and attention to my artwork and my blog have paid the price.

But, I can't say I'm sorry about it. While I wish I had more time in the day to paint, think wonderful "artistic" thoughts, and blog away...the reality of life settles in, and my priorities have to be set. My children, husband, and work come first. I want to make sure we are all healthy, and that there is food on the table. Like a lot of us, that means my own interests are often pushed aside in favor of things that need to be done. But, I always strive to do better, do more, and find more time for myself.

So, here are my New Year Resolutions for 2013 (though I think they are really Life Goals):

#1 - Continue to make my children and husband my priority in my life
#2 - Be more patient
#3 - Make time for myself to exercise every day
#4 - Make time for myself to paint and devote to artistic pursuits every week
#5 - Get to bed earlier and get appropriate rest every night
#6 - Be grateful every day for the blessings in my life

What are your goals for the coming year?

I appreciate those of you who follow my blog, or who follow me on Twitter or Facebook. I apologize for not communicating with you more over the past few months. But, I know you understand that life gets crazy sometimes for all of us.

I wish you a very Happy Christmas (or Hanukkah, or Kwanzaa, or other holiday you might celebrate at this time of year). I also wish you each a joyful, healthy, and prosperus New Year. May we all remember that our true riches come from the number of people who love us and not the number of dollars in our bank accounts - and remember to make those people a priority in our lives! Now go give your loved ones a {{HUG}}.  :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video link - Social Media for Artists - April 2017

FRIDAY FEATURE: Featured Artist ~ Lester B. Lee

FRIDAY FEATURE: Featured Artist ~ Ian Ramsay