UWS Spring Show Here I Come...Woot Woot!!

I had so much fun creating my "Kokopelli Song Woven Through my Dreams" woven painting for the Utah Watercolor Society (UWS) Two Star / Signature Member Show this year that I had to immediately create a new woven painting the next weekend (the process takes about two days). My second foray into the woven painting process, I decided to vary the weave a bit by making different sized strips for the cross sections. The second painting is titled "I Have the Experimental BLUES." Acrylic on 140 lb Arches watercolor paper. (size 13" x 19")














Since "Kokopelli" was already heading to the Two Star / Signature Member Show, I entered "Experimental BLUES" into the UWS Spring Show. This is a highly competitive show that is juried by the guest artist who the UWS brings in for their week-long Spring workshop. These artists are often masters in their respective water-media fields, well-known, and making a living at their craft.

The Spring Show is also one of only three possible shows each year that count towards achieving Signature Membership status in UWS. A Signature Member has been accepted into eight shows (either the UWS Spring Show, UWS Fall Show, or Western Federation of Watercolor Societies Annual Show) and must win a major award for one of the shows. I am currently a Two Star Member, which means I have been accepted to at least two UWS Spring Shows.

Imagine my delight this morning, then, to receive an email informing me that "I Have The Experimental BLUES" was accepted to this year's UWS Spring Show! :)  WOOT WOOT!!

That means I have now been accepted into four of the required eight shows - working towards Signature Membership. I am so excited to be accepted this year! What a great way to end the week! :)

The show will hang at Bountiful Davis Art Center (temporarily located at 28 E State Street in Farmington, UT) from May 9th - June 14th. :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video link - Social Media for Artists - April 2017

FRIDAY FEATURE: Featured Artist ~ Lester B. Lee

FRIDAY FEATURE: Featured Artist ~ Ian Ramsay