3 Paintings a day for 5 days on FB

I was recently nominated by my friend (and fellow artist) Neena Plant-Henninger to do a challenge on Facebook: Post three paintings per day for five days - and nominate another artist to do the same each day that you post. They could be old or new paintings. The point: to fill Facebook with art images for the new year.

Sounded fun, so I did! :)

I tried to post around a bit of a theme for each day. Here are my five days' worth of paintings. 


Day 1: Ballerinas (slightly older work)










Day 2: Animals (more recent work)









Day 3: Portraits (REALLY old work...but I still like them :))












Day 4: Kokopelli (more recent work - including a woven painting)









Day 5: Butterflies (slightly older + more recent work - and, of course, I couldn't choose favorites, so three paintings turned into seven for this final day!)













This was super fun, and also a good exercise for me. It helped me to realize that, even though I am facing the challenges of balancing work, wife, mother over the past 7-10 years, I am still carving out small moments to paint. It may not be as often as I wish or for as long, but at least something has been produced. :)

So...for all you busy moms (and dads) out there with little children at home, a full-time non-artist job to pay the bills, and a spouse that demand your time. Have hope. Keep Calm and PAINT ON! 

"Creativity takes courage." ~ Henri Matisse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video link - Social Media for Artists - April 2017

FRIDAY FEATURE: Featured Artist ~ Lester B. Lee

FRIDAY FEATURE: Featured Artist ~ Ian Ramsay