A Fall of UWS Shows!

I have been working to set up a new studio space in my home for the past couple of months, and also to clean up our house a bit - so I am not constantly bombarded by the mess factor, feeling guilt that I should be cleaning or doing laundry or dishes rather than painting.

In fact, we are in the process of using the KonMari method of tidying our entire home! The end goal is to allow myself to get into a higher level of art production and to create a "sanctuary" at home. I am hoping for a place that feels relaxing when I walk through the door, so that I can unwind and let my brain rest and rejuvenate - thus allowing me to focus better on all things I would like to accomplish. (That is what I hope to do by tidying our living space...create some peace for all of us! Getting the hubby and boys on board hasn't been too difficult, but we still have many things to do in order to achieve that sanctuary!) 

Additionally, in the last few weeks, the new school year started for both of my sons, and the craziness and commotion of getting out of summer routine and into school routine (stricter bedtimes, homework, reading minutes, flash cards, making sure uniforms are clean, packing lunches, etc...), and working with my youngest son in his difficult adjustment to Kindergarten has been, in a word, exhausting!

But, I feel like our fall family routine is finally starting to take shape and I am hopeful that my youngest son will start making some friends at school and be able to work through some of the challenges we are having. That's life for a busy mom! (Right? Please tell me there are some more of you out there!)


In the midst of all this craziness, I am happy to have my painting, "Mountain Fall," hanging at Red Butte Garden with the Utah Watercolor Society's 2 Star/Signature Member Show through mid-October. It is a show full of many beautiful paintings (not to mention beautiful gardens outside). If you are in the Salt Lake area, I highly suggest you stop by to see the show...and the gardens! (Note: the UWS show is free admission. If you would like to tour the gardens, you will have to see the front desk for admission.)

Jennifer Love Artwork_Mountain Fall
Mountain Fall ©Jennifer Love














This past weekend, I also received the exciting news that my painting "A Patchwork Fall" was accepted to the Utah Watercolor Society's Fall Member Exhibition (juried by award-winning artist Thomas Schaller). I am honored to have my painting be selected as one of 71 paintings to hang in the show (out of 142 submitted). This show will hang at the Visual Arts Institute in Salt Lake City from October 5th - November 6th.

Jennifer Love Artwork_A Patchwork Fall
A Patchwork Fall  ©Jennifer Love















My Fall is off to an encouraging artistic start! I hope yours is as well.

As always, thanks for taking time to stop by my blog! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video link - Social Media for Artists - April 2017

FRIDAY FEATURE: Featured Artist ~ Lester B. Lee

FRIDAY FEATURE: Featured Artist ~ Ian Ramsay