"Zoomed In" - ACEO Theme Week June 2012

It's here again! ACEO theme week on ebay. The theme for June 2012 is "Zoomed In" which I thought would be a fun theme to participate in. Since I have been so inspired by the Spring flowers in bloom this year, I decided to do a couple of "zoomed-in" ACEOs based on some of the flower photos I have taken recently.

The first one, "Eye of the Lilac" is based on one of the beautiful light violet lilacs I found blooming in Bountiful in early May. Luckily, I was able to take several shots of these beautiful flowers - some close up. Made for a perfect setup for the ACEO. :)

The second entry, "Soft Rose" is based on a lovely pale yellow rose that I took photos of after a hair appointment. Just outside the door and across the parking lot from my stylist's salon, there is a lovely little rose garden at the business next door. The day of my last appointment, their roses were blooming in beautiful colors and they had also just watered, so I was able to get several shots of the flowers with water droplets. Good thing I have started packing my camera with me so that I can get reference at the spur of the moment. You never know when you are going to run into something beautiful and/or inspiring in the course of your day!

ACEO theme week on ebay always starts on the 1st of the month. My auctions always run for 7 days on this contest. There are several great entries this month. I encourage you to check them out. Search "ACEO TW" or "ACEO TW JUN" to see all the Zoomed In entries!

ACEO stands for Art Card Editions and Originals. These little works of art are the size of a baseball trading card (2.5 inches x 3.5 inches). Artists have been trading and selling them for years, but they have recently gained popularity among collectors as well. :)


Here is my first entry: "Eye of the Lilac"
Click here to go directly to the ebay auction. :)





















Here is my second entry: "Soft Rose"
Click here to go directly to the ebay auction. :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video link - Social Media for Artists - April 2017

FRIDAY FEATURE: Featured Artist ~ Lester B. Lee

FRIDAY FEATURE: Featured Artist ~ Ian Ramsay