My Happy Place

It's Spring here in Utah. One of my favorite seasons of the year. I love the color and blossoms that are coming out. There are little chutes of green poking through the ground...and the tulips are starting to color. Hopefully the deer will leave them alone this year!

After a rainy week (thankfully - as we need the water!), we had a little sunshine this afternoon and I spent a few hours out working in my garden. The garlic I planted last October is growing. Today, I planted carrots and potatoes, laid out my plans for where to plant crops, and put together a few more raised beds.

Some parts of the yard and garden are full of sticker weeds...ergh! I'm trying to make my yard and garden organic, so I'll have to figure out how to take care of that without weed killer. Always a challenge to deal with!!

My garden and my art studio are my happy places. I love the growing season. Gardening is an exercise in patience...in seeing sometihing awesome come out of hope and hard work. It's like creating a painting. You make a plan. You have a vision. Then you have to be brave enough to jump in, experiment, give it a try, maybe learn a few things along the way, and see if your plan turns out the way you wanted it to. Sometimes it's beautiful, and sometimes it doesn't work. But, you'll never know if you don't try. 

What are your plans this spring? 

Let me know in the comments! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video link - Social Media for Artists - April 2017

FRIDAY FEATURE: Featured Artist ~ Lester B. Lee

FRIDAY FEATURE: Featured Artist ~ Ian Ramsay